by Kyle Gatehouse of Matt and Kyle and Matt
1. A regular room has six surfaces, the ceiling, the floor and four walls. The stage of a theatre has only five, the ceiling, the floor and three walls, the fourth wall has been removed to allow the audience to experience the magic of theatre. Whenever you say "five" to anyone, this is immediately what they think about, so it was a no-brainer to have a list about theatre be comprised of five walls, oops I mean five entries (sorry I accidentally wrote "five walls").
2. It was almost called "The Friday Six", but everyone was worried that it might be misinterpreted as a blog about Satan, since six is the first of his three numbers (the other two are also six, his number is six six six or 666 or six6six).
3. Estelle and Gaëtan held me at gunpoint and told me to come up with a great idea for a weekly blog about theatre. Through my hot tears I counted five bullets in the revolver and thought "eureka".
4. The decision was passed by the CharPo committee, who voted on it by a show of hands, and Barbara (the committee clown) was all like, "Haha there are five fingers on one hand, and we're voting to see if we should make our friday comedy list a list of five things!! Let's all change our names to Miss Serendipity, because this is all working out as if it were part of someone's (God's) predetermined plan, also I love Sandra Bullock films!!" then Sobering Sarah, the rational committee member was all like, "Barbara, I think you are confused, not about the meaning of the word "serendipity", but about the title of the film Miss Congeniality, although you're spot on about Sandra Bullock, she makes me realize that the best thing about being a woman is the prerogative to have a little fun, man, I feel like a woman haha."
Anyway, this just goes to show that even Sobering Sarah can sometimes mix up Sandra Bullock and Shania Twain, but at least she was trying to be funny in the committee meetings by injecting some personality into her boring-ass contributions, but I'm sure Barbara was thinking, "let me handle the jokes, Sarah, you stick to keeping the minutes."
4. "Five" sounds like "Fie", which is a Shakespeare reference.
5. The comedy rule of five.
Post a Comment
Please read our guidelines for posting comments.
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.